Nowadays, we can see the growing number of buildings, which use architectural concrete, both in interior and exterior design. What is the application of architectural concrete? Can we colorize the concretes too? This concrete is one of the most important tools in modern architecture. It has versatile manner, which you can find in rare material in the building industry. Thus, we can utilize it in various tasks. Because of design properties of concrete, the fresh form can form any shapes with the desired quality.
Either this concrete can use directly in-situ applications or as architectural concrete blocks. We will discuss their role and application in detail.
1. What is the architectural concrete and how it makes
Decorative concrete is concrete, which can form in different shapes before hardening, this is a popular substance in architectural finishing.
We can adjust the surface finish from rough to soft depending on the demands.
Decorative concrete provides a beautiful finish, namely decorative properties, besides the strength properties in both interior and exterior design.
- Decorative concrete is made from white Portland cement. Iron and manganese oxides are substances that make the white Portland cement and are the main elements of the concrete.
- The color spectrum is selective too. Do not forget that every cement, whether white or grey, has distinct inherent color tones because of moderate variations in raw material ingredients and production tactics.
2. What is the application of architectural concrete
Decorative concrete has aesthetic properties. Engineers manipulate the decorative properties in both exterior and interior parts of buildings:
2.1. We utilize Decorative concrete in the exterior
We can manipulate the Decorative concrete can use it for exterior surfaces and finishes for decorative manner.
The joints in decorative concrete do not appear so that you will not see any breaks in lines due to joints. Thus, this is a great feature of such decorative concrete.
2.2. Decorative concrete is useful in interior architecture
You may think concrete is not a good material for using in your interior design, but if you try it in the right way, it will get an amazing texture and tones.
For example, if you want to have a special countertop with your desired shape and properties, it is time to choose decorative concrete. The existing countertops, by other materials, dictates their shape and colors.
However, the decorative concrete is a game changer, thus can help you to make your dream. Decorative concrete fits the tables, stairs, and bathroom and rooms too.
By using decorative concrete, you have more freedom of producing new shapes, and as mentioned previously, you can make your desired colors.
2.3. Even floors look pretty by decorative concrete
Some may think decorative concrete is the polishing one. BUT! NO!
The decorative concrete is for making a new and fresh looking to any space. The decorative purpose is the main goal while choosing this material. The decorative concrete flooring is ideal for office; house retails, etc. It makes them look beautiful.
The decorative flooring concrete is now a popular material; they are durable and low-cost too. The long-term maintenance is also better than the other materials. The colors may vary for decorative architectural concrete, which you can choose it freely.
If you study French architecture, you will find the decorative concrete as one of their used elements. You can see more in Wonders of the French Architecture.
3. What is precast concrete in architectural design
After describing the architectural concrete and the application, we need to know about the precast concrete. Architectural precast concrete is decorative elements like as walls, which has an aesthetic design in the finishing and can carry out structural properties too.
Initially, the concrete passes in a reusable mold or "form," which cured in managed frameworks; it will be carried to the construction site and then move to the location. Thus, we can make precast concrete.
Precast concrete altered with shape, color or texture to avoid the boring appearance. The shape of the precast concrete contributes to the completed product, is not a substructure, and no longer normally protected.
3.1. What are the precast concrete forms and colors
We can have precast concrete in any color, form, and texture. Precast concrete also can be used with different traditional building substances such as brick, granite, limestone, terracotta, tile, and greater.
Thus, this presents the look and experience of different substances at the same time as adding all of the advantages of precast concrete to envelop machine.
It gives an efficient way to expand a large number of facade remedies with much less cost and detailing time.
3.2. What are the advantages of precast concrete
Engineers can have more freedom in their design while using architectural precast. Precast concrete merchandise arrives on-site custom designed and ready for fast installation.
While you choose architectural precast concrete merchandise, you could boost up your venture’s timetable and enjoy the cost savings that emerge from the use of concrete products, which can be precast offsite.
However, the advantages make bigger beyond convenience and workflow to include versatility, manage, efficiency and sustainability. Right here are a few additional facts on how architectural precast concrete makes an effect in each of these areas.
- I have briefly included the flexibility of precast concrete merchandise already; however, highlight it again, as its miles one of the important advantages of this sort of concrete creation. At the same time as the belief of some is that architectural precast concrete has a lack of versatility, the alternative is real.
- Precast concrete created in controlled surroundings, which gets rid of any risk of outside variables, like the climate, interfering with the great or timeline of manufacturing. You have completely manipulated over the climate to ensure that each one architectural precast concrete products cured continuously in ideal situations.
- In view that you have to get entry to those perfect situations, you can additionally be confident that manufacturing of these precast concrete materials will be on time, as weather delays for pouring on site turn out to be a thing of the past.
- Performance comes because of the managed production surroundings. Lengthy in a plant setting, it hastens the general construction method.
- Do not fear approximately scheduling pouring concrete for a small window of opportunity on-site at some stage in which weather ought to postpone your whole venture.
- As a substitute, the technique is now so green that you may have the precast substances made in advance and shop them until you need to get them in the vicinity on web site.
- It additionally saves you time and money due to the assembly line techniques, which require fewer exertions and decrease the strain of coordinating on-site professional hard work and logistics. Concrete made from herbal aggregates — gravel, sand, rock, and water.
4. How architectural concrete blocks look
You can use architectural concrete in different elements. Also, the architectural concrete blocks are available in different shapes. There are many types of blocks in markets, which you may use. The following architectural concrete blocks are some of them:
- Legacy Stone - Terrazzo block: This block has different patterns and creates a distinctive look for your building projects.
- Elite CMU block: Looks like a polished stone which the aggregates look stunning.
- Antique Finish: The natural beauty of the ingredient appears in this block
- Split Face, concrete block: Takes the layout tone with a damaged rock face look that has a difficult texture, growing shadows.
- Split Face Single-Scored: The unit face has a single vertical rating, dividing the face into two equal visible objects.
- Split Face Double-Scored: The unit face has vertical ratings, dividing the face into three identical elements.
I have gathered the architectural concrete definition and application besides introducing some types of architectural concrete blocks.
Because of the great features of architectural concrete, like as fresh formation and coloration, we can see the growing usage of it in our projects. Thus, it is essential to know in architectural concrete application and properties as mentioned.
Therefore, by understanding the great features of architectural concrete, you may decide to use it in your projects even more. How can we use architectural concrete in an innovative way either in the interior or exterior design?
Please share your thoughts and idea about architectural concrete in the comment.